This is a far-from-complete list of vegetarian books and serials available online, in chronological order of their initial publication. Language is English unless otherwise stated:
- Acetaria: A Discourse of Sallets by John Evelyn (1699) at Project Gutenberg. The recipes are in an appendix from page 125 onwards and were provided by
an Experienc’d Housewife.
- Cassell’s Vegetarian Cookery: A Manual of Cheap and Wholesome Diet by A. G. Payne (1891) at Project Gutenberg.
- New Vegetarian Dishes by Mrs. Bowdich (1892) at Project Gutenberg.
- Science in the Kitchen. A Scientific Treatise on Food Substances and their Dietetic Properties, Together with a Practical Explanation of the Principles of Healthful Cookery, and a Large Number of Original, Palatable, and Wholesome Recipes by Ella Eaton Kellogg (1893) at Project Gutenberg.
- The Golden Age Cook Book by Henrietta Latham Dwight (1898) at Project Gutenberg.
- The Vegetarian Cook Book. Substitutes for Flesh Foods by Edward Guyles Fulton (1904) at the Internet Archive.
- A Manual of Vegetarian Cookery by George Black (1908) at the Internet Archive.
- Reform Cookery Book. Up-To-Date Health Cookery for the Twentieth Century by Mrs. Mill (1909) at Project Gutenberg.
- Modern meatless cook book: five hundred recipes for preparing foods, with special reference to cooking without meat by House of Rest (1910s) at the Internet Archive.
- No Animal Food and Nutrition and Diet with Vegetable Recipes by Rupert H. Wheldon (1910 – the first ever book on veganism!) at Project Gutenberg.
- The Laurel health cookery: a collection of practical suggestions and recipes for the preparation of non-flesh foods in palatable and attractive ways by Evora Bucknum Perkins (1911) at the Internet Archive.
- De Vegetarische Keuken. Kookboek van den Nederlandschen Vegetariërsbond by E. M. Valk-Heijnsdijk (1911) at Project Gutenberg. In Dutch.
- Meatless cookery: with special reference to diet for heart disease, blood pressure and autointoxication by Maria McIlvaine Gillmore (1914) at the Home Economics Archive.
- Dr. Allinson’s cookery book comprising many valuable vegetarian recipes by Thomas R. Allinson (1915) at Project Gutenberg.
- The Healthy Life Cook Book by Florence Daniel (1915) at Project Gutenberg.
- Vegetarishe kokh bukh by A. B. and Shifrah Mishulow (1926) at the Internet Archive. In Yiddish, using Hebrew characters.
- Kokh-bukh far gezuntheyt by Lena Brown (1931) at the Internet Archive. In Yiddish, using Hebrew characters.
Whys and wherefores
- The Perfect Way in Diet by Anna Bonus Kingsford (1881) at anna-kingsford.com.
- A vindication of natural diet by Percy Bysshe Shelley and others (1884) at the Internet Archive.
- The Chemistry of Food and Nutrition by A. W. Duncan (1905) at Project Gutenberg.
- Food Remedies Facts About Foods And Their Medicinal Uses by Florence Daniel (1908) at Project Gutenberg.
- Addresses and Essays on Vegetarianism by Anna Kingsford and Edward Maitland (1912) at anna-kingsford.com
- The Moral Basis of Vegetarianism by Mahatma Ghandi (1959) at archive.org
Magazines and serials
- Vegetarian Times (1981-1989) at Google Books